I have sent out mass emails to all the addresses I had on file (over 900)...IF you did not receive one just read this announcement and consider yourself notified. You do NOT need to send me your email address.
WE WILL BE WINGING OUR WAY AROUND THE WORLD AGAIN
PLEASE PASS THE WORD!!!!
I have been getting questions regarding whether or not there will be another OWOH and the answer is YES! This, however, will be the final one - I think finishing with number 5 feels good.
I will TRY to do some mass emails but I am having contact list issues right now...so it's REALLY important you ALL spread the word!
IT WILL BEGIN MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY JANUARY 3OTH WITH THE FINAL DAY BEING FEBRUARY 17TH.(the day winners are announced) 2011 THIS MEANS YOU WILL NOT SEND ME YOUR LINK UNTIL THE END OF SUNDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT PACIFIC STANDARD TIME USA. BE SURE TO COORDINATE THE TIME WHERE YOU ARE WITH USA TIME. NO LINKS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEFORE THAT TIME.....SO REMEMBER IT IS MIDNIGHT ON JANUARY 30TH ONE MINUTE BEFORE IT BECOMES JAN. 31ST.
The new logo is above.......please take it - copy and paste it to a blog post letting your readers know what's coming and link back to THIS post. We need to spread the word!!!
Please also add it to your sidebar if you are planning to participate and again, link back to THIS post so others can get the information. If you are not sure how to do this, please email me at [email protected]
Here is a smaller version, you may want to make it even smaller to fit individual side bars, just be sure it links back to THIS post.
One World One Heart is a worldwide event for bloggers only. It gives all those who blog a chance to meet and mingle and form connections with those they may not have otherwise met from all over the world. In the past 4 years this event has grown to over 1,000 participants with lasting friendships (and even one love connection) formed along the way. Think of it as a GIGANTIC open house allowing you to travel without ever leaving your home........going from blog to blog(in various countries) seeing the wonder each one has created and meeting all the fabulous people behind those blogs. As a bonus each blogger participant will offer up a "door prize or prizes"....just for dropping by, saying hello and seeing their world. It's really that easy.
When the event begins at Midnight ON January 30th all the links will be added first come first served to a separate page (HERE) - if I link them in my sidebar they won't open in a separate window which is much easier when going through so many links.
NOW FOR THE DO'S AND DONTS OF THIS EVENT...in order to keep this cohesive and everyone on the same page............there needs to be certain criteria in place and I WILL enforce them. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, DO NOT JUST SKIM OVER THESE as not following these may result in your not being added when the time comes. I don't mean to come off harsh in any way..........I just want everyone to play fair. I read each link sent to me BEFORE I post it and reserve the right to not serve those who don't follow the criteria. I will let you know.
1. You must have a current, active blog to participate. Please do not create a blog only for this event.. That is NOT what this is about. Also, NO ONE under 18 may participate alone....meaning if you have a child who wants to do this then do it through YOUR blog letting others know you are doing it together.
2. When the event begins your OWOH post must clearly state you are participating in OWOH (include the logo)....link back to this blog so others can get information....introduce yourself. You also should have clear photos of your "door prize(s)". You can giveaway whatever you like....from handmade items to a special trinket. Be creative. You MUST keep in mind this event is International.......therefore you may have a "door prize" winner in another country you will have to mail to. You cannot limit to only those in your country of origin.....so keep that in mind when deciding your "door prize" and its weight. If you cannot mail (for whatever reason) outside your own country please don't participate as this is WORLDWIDE!!!
Once you have posted your OWOH post on or after Jan. 3oth you will then email me the link to THAT post: [email protected]. Please include your country in the email.
I will email you if there are any questions or changes or if you don't meet all the criteria.
3. At the end of the event (Feb.17) you must choose the winner or winner of your prizes however you want (names in a hat, random number generator.....), announce it on your blog AND MOST IMPORTANTLY email the person or persons to let them know and get their mailing info. You MUST mail out your "door Prize(s)" within 3 days AFTER the event ends. I have had emails in the past where a few participants did not honor their obligation and the winning people NEVER received what they won . That's sad. Although this is ultimately about connections being formed it is still VERY IMPORTANT you stand by your word. Winners.....when you receive your "door prize(s)" it would be lovely if you posted about it as well.
4. This is NOT about free advertising, promotions, gimmicks or adding to an already existing event. DO NOT include in your post anything about your websites, shops, books or whatever you may want to promote. You should have these things linked in your sidebars so that when people visit they can CHOOSE to see what you do.
5. DO NOT require your visitors to jump through any hoops.....there will be NO "become a follower of this blog and get a second chance".............NO "go to my shop and pick a favorite".....NO "add me to your blogroll and let me know".....NO "follow me on Facebook or Twitter"......NO "mention my website on your blog"... This is about a simple introduction of YOU, allowing people to take a look around as they want and get to know you and your blog in their own way. The giveaway is a "door prize" for stopping by so all they need do is leave a comment and a way for you to get back to them should they win AND for you to be able to in turn, visit them and their blog. It's really quite simple. They visit you....you visit them. You do not have to be a participant to stop and visit those that will be on the list.....you just need to be a current, active blogger. Some blogs may open theirs up to ANYONE who stops by, blogger or not. Although that's your choice it is not encouraged.
7. IF you are already participating in another blog event you CANNOT and MAY NOT attach OWOH to it. This event is separate from any other and must be posted as such.
6. Be engaging......be welcoming......tell us who you are. Leave us wanting more of you.....this is meant to be fun meeting new people, finding kindred spirits, like minded new friends......fellow artists, writers, photographers, stay-at-home Mom's....whatever your commonality may be. This event crosses all borders, socioeconomics, political and religious views.........this is about making friends near and far through the world of blogging and finding a common thread.
REMEMBER....if something is not clear or you have any questions feel free to email me BEFORE this all begins. [email protected] I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.
This event is a lot of work but for me it's a true labor of love. I know the above is a lot to muddle through but it really is necessary to lay it all out there so everyone is well informed.
Event creator and host (just in case you didn't know)