I have had some questions emailed to me that I think I should address here as well. Since OWOA begins in a month it's imperative you are well informed if you plan to participate. Also this is NOT One World One Heart......that event ended 2010. This is a brand new blogwide event that is completely different. So if you participated in OWOH in the past it's important you read about this one to see if you qualify. Below are just a couple things but EVERYTHING is on the INFO PAGE!!
This is a big job to host these events (not that I don't enjoy it) so if people don't read, understand and comply with how it works it makes my job that much harder when I have to email to say "I can't add you because or you need to change this or that". That takes time and when you start getting in to the hundreds it can be quite taxing. SO PLEASE if you don't understand something email me for clarification AFTER you read all the information.
1. This event is for blogs only..........no Tumblr, no Facebook, no Twitter, no Flickr or any other kind of social media or site.
2. Do NOT post your OWOA post any sooner than February 11th - you will not be considered a participant. I will only be accepting links beginning February 11th and will continue to accept them for the first 5 days.....so if you don't get yours in the first day don't worry. BUT the sooner you do the longer you are on the list giving others time to go through and visit everyone. It could be a long list so there needs to be time for people to get to them all.
3. When the event begins you MUST email me the link to your OWOA post. At that time I will review it and let you know if there are any changes that need to be made.....if there are none I will add you to the participant list. BUT again, this will not happen until the event begins. NO list exists until February 11th. So do NOT post and send me a link prior to that date. And review what your post should include on the Info page prior to posting.
4. If you are a commercial business you may not participate......this event is not meant for free advertisement. However, if you would like to be a sponsor and have your business ad on this blog for a month or more before/during the event please email me for details and cost.
5. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read the INFORMATION PAGE......it has everything you need to know on what should or should not be included in your participant post....What the event is about, information on the giveaway portion, comments etc. I know there is a lot of information there but it's very important you take the time so you are prepared when the event begins. It truly helps to illiminate any problems at the start that may disqualify your post....so read it!!! (do I sound like I am begging? well, I guess I am).
IF after you have read the information and you still have a question feel free to email me.... ourworldourart(at)comcast(dot)net
6. When the event begins all participants should turn off "word verification", "moderate comments" and anything else that would prevent someone from easily leaving a comment. You may however refuse to accept anonymous comments. By making it difficult to leave a comment you assure yourself of very little visitors. So keep that in mind.
So, remember...........this event begins FEBRUARY 11TH, no sooner.........if you want to participate take the time to cruise the information page. If you don't it could mean you aren't eligible or your post is incorrect!
Thank you in advance to those enthusiastic about being a part of this first year for this new event!! I look forward to seeing all the inspiring artisans in our global blogging community.
One last thing............this blog is not just a blog for OWOA.......this is my personal blog as well so I hope you'll stop by for more than just information and participating. I love meeting new people and welcoming those who stop by!
Have a great week!